Wednesday, October 17, 2007

IT'S A BOY!!!!

Finally Mr. Emmett Charles Richards made his way into the world, albeit 9 days past his due date! My sister, Shannon, finally delivered a happy baby boy on October 15th at 7:44 PM. He weighed in at 8 pounds 5 ounces and was 20 1/4 inches long. She went in Monday morning to be induced and delivered that evening. It was a tough few hours for Mommy once they started the Pitocin but once she had her epidural she progressed quickly. I was wandering around Santa Monica aimlessly with the boys when my Mom called at about 7:10 saying that she was 9 cm dilated and I should probably make my way back to the hospital. The boys and I literally ran back to the parking garage at 3rd Street Promenade and I just made it for her to start pushing. She did a great job and only pushed for 15 minutes!!

Emmett Charles Richards

Here are his stats!

No comments: